Training Events & Opportunities
Upcoming Training Events
Soil Health and Sustainability for Field Staff (UPDATED)
If you are looking to take one of the Soil Health classes in 2019 (required for Certified level of NRCS Planner Designation), please note that all classes are under the process of registration filling. These classes are in high demand, so please check in in 2020 for a new round of courses.
The new 2019 course structure will include an introductory week of daily 2-hour mandatory webinars the week preceding a 2-day classroom/field portion of the training. .
The 2019 course field dates and locations (exact location TBD) are:
April 2-3, 2019 (Pierce) (March 25-29, 2019 webinar series)CANCELLED - Will be reschedule for Fall 2019 April 4-5, 2019 (Skagit) (March 25-29, 2019 webinar series)CANCELLED - Will be reschedule for Fall 2019
June 11-12, 2019 (Grant/Douglas) (June 3-7, 2019 webinar series)CANCELLED
- June 13-14, 2019 (Grant/Douglas) (June 3-7, 2019 webinar series)
EAST Area NOTE DATE CHANGES
- June 18-19, 2019 (Pullman) (June 3-7, 2019 webinar series)
- June 20-21, 2019 (Pullman) (June 3-7, 2019 webinar series)
For information, contact:
NRCS – Tracy Hanger | firstname.lastname@example.org
CD – Nichole Embertson | email@example.com
Riparian Planning Considerations
Details coming soon!
- April 15-19, 2019 Olympia
- April 22-26, 2019 Whitman County
2019 NRCS Training Events
NRCS has released their2019 training schedule. The following courses are tentatively schedule for 2019. As more details and registration is available, it will be posted. If you filled out the CTD-NRCS 2019 Training Pre-Registration Survey that went out in Dec 2018, you are already on the registration list for applicable courses.
- Advanced Forestry - Forest Health
- May 29-30, Chehalis
- June 11-12, Wenatchee
- Advanced Forestry - Program delivery
- August 6-8, Olympia
- Assessment Tools: Rangeland Prescribed Grazing Management (Rangeland Health Assessment (RHA))
- June 25-27, Ephrata
- Basic Organic Systems
- July, 1 each in West, Central and East. Locations TBD
- Cultural Resources Training Series Part 2
- Sept. 9-13, Wenatchee
- Endangered Species Act (ESA)
- Feb 6-7, Spokane
- Pest management Classroom Course
- August 20-22, Centrally located, city TBD
- Plant Materials Field Day Casey
- May 15, TBD
- Riparian Planning Considerations
- April 15-19, Olympia
- April 22-26, Whitman Co.
- Sage Grouse Initiative (SGI) Certification
- March 5-6, Central Area
Introduction to Conservation Planning, Part 2
Coming in 2019! Stay tuned for specific dates.
This course is currently under a major renovation. Look for fantastic changes in 2019. We will send out an announcement and post in our newsletter when the course is available. Don't get our newsletter? Sign up for it via GovDelivery HERE.
2019 CTD Training Events
New 2019 course list coming soon!
Other Training Opportunities
The following are training opportunities being offered around the State. Please contact the appropriate coordinator for more information about these non-CTD sponsored training opportunities.
Check out the Partner Training Opportunities page for additional training events.
Training Needs Survey
Completed for 2018. Look for a new one in 2019.