The Center for Technical Development (CTD) was created for the purpose of ensuring that Conservation Districts and employees have the proper tools and expertise to consistently plan and implement conservation programs in collaboration with the Washington State Conservation Commission (WSCC), Conservation Districts in Washington State, Washington Association of District Employees (WADE), the Washington Association of Conservation Districts (WACD), and other key conservation partners.
- The CTD Database is now up and running to capture your professional information. It also has the added benefit of tracking your training and course completion towards NRCS and CTD certification. Get started today by going to the Database page.
- Conservation District Review of Policy #19-03 Technical Quality Assurance Plan (TQAP) for Districts is now open. In order to adhere to a strict timeline, it is requested that comments be submitted to Larry Brewer at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, July 26. Please submit your comments in the body of an email with a reference to the specific paragraph you are recommending changes to.
NRCS Conservation Planner Designations
Still have questions about the updated NRCS Conservation Planner Designations? Check out our Certification page for more information and clarification on the different planner certifications.
The CTD started as a small group of passionate District staff from around the state who believe in helping advance and support the professional and technical needs of CD staff. Our goals are to:
- Provide resources for District employees to utilize to improve their skills and knowledge
- Identify opportunities for streamlined systems that all Districts can take advantage of
- Establish priorities and identify where state Conservation Districts can grow to ensure they remain a well-informed resource for landowners
Learn More about the CTD
Join the CTD
We are always looking for others who are equally as enthusiastic and interested in joining our group. Whether you are a new or seasoned employee, we can find a place for you if you want to help. Start by contacting us to learn more about how you can get involved.