The Center for Technical Development (CTD) was created for the purpose of ensuring that Conservation Districts and employees have the proper tools and expertise to consistently plan and implement conservation programs in collaboration with the Washington State Conservation Commission (WSCC), Conservation Districts in Washington State, Washington Association of District Employees (WADE), the Washington Association of Conservation Districts (WACD), and other key conservation partners.
Coming to WADE 2019
The CTD is excited to bring you some special content at the upcoming 2019 WADE conference June 10-12 at the Sleeping Lady in Leavenworth, WA including:
- New, multi-discipline format in the Forestry, Riparian, and Farm&Fields tracks.
- Special Monday session in the Riparian and Farm&Fields Tracks on CTD and NRCS certifications.
- Coordinated activity in the Riparian and Farm&Fields Tracks connecting fellow planners and mentors on Monday.
- Special NRCS session, Basic Soils and Web Soil Survey, on Wednesday that fulfills one of the NRCS Apprentice level Planner Designation requirements.
- Q&A with the CTD Leadership opportunities.
- Not to mention we will once again host Lawn Games on Monday night!
So much good stuff coming to WADE 2019! (WADE Website) See you there!
NRCS Conservation Planner Designations
Still have questions about the updated NRCS Conservation Planner Designations?
Check out our Certification page for more information.
The CTD started as a small group of passionate District staff from around the state who believe in helping advance and support the professional and technical needs of CD staff. Our goals are to:
- Provide resources for District employees to utilize to improve their skills and knowledge
- Identify opportunities for streamlined systems that all Districts can take advantage of
- Establish priorities and identify where state Conservation Districts can grow to ensure they remain a well-informed resource for landowners
Learn More about the CTD
Join the CTD
We are always looking for others who are equally as enthusiastic and interested in joining our group. Whether you are a new or seasoned employee, we can find a place for you if you want to help. Start by contacting us to learn more about how you can get involved.