This page can provide you with the information, tools, and templates you need to start and continue planning. If you can't find something, then Ask an Expert! They can help answer any questions you may have.
Farm Planning Templates (coming soon!)
There are different types of plans, below defines and outlines each one.
- Technical Assistance Letter
- Practice Plan
- Comprehensive Plan
- NRCS Plan
Farm Planning Tools and Resources
The links below will lead you to a variety of tools and resources helpful for planning. This list is not exhaustive. If you have a tool or page you use for planning, let us know and we can add it to the list.
- Better Ground
- WSU Small Farms Team
- WSU Organic Farming Systems and Nutrient Management
- Washington NRCS Homepage
- NRCS eFOTG (Field Office Technical Guide) - Find all the NRCS Practice Standards and support materials from this link.
- Ag Waste Management Field Handbook (AWMFH)
- Web Soil Survey - Free soil maps and information for all of WA.
- WADE Presentations - Find links to great presentations and resources from WADE tracks.
The following spreadsheets have been created/modified by your CD colleagues. For questions, please contact them directly.
- Animal Waste Nutrient Balance "Waste Calcs" - Emmett Wild (King CD)
- Horse Manure Storage Volumes - Derek Hann (Snohomish CD)
- Compost Structure Bin Sizing - Derek Hann (Snohomish CD)
- Grazing Stocking Rate Calculations - Terri Williams (Okanogan CD)
Who to Contact
Who do you contact for more help or technical assistance? Find your person below.
Farm Planning State Lead - For general questions or more information about the content on this page or farm planning, contact the state planning lead.
- Bobbi Lindemulder | firstname.lastname@example.org | (425) 377-7003
"Ask an Expert" Farm Planning - Send in any question you have (no, there are no stupid questions) and an expert will get back to you asap.
Individual Planners and Mentors - call anyone of these folks for a quick question or a longer conversation on farm planning.
Area Engineers - provide assistance with practice design and construction.